Blood Pressure Review
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit your blood pressure readings on a regular basis please use this form.
For a list of validated monitors, visit bihsoc.org/bp-monitors or discuss with your pharmacy.
- Before measuring your blood pressure ensure that you are rested and have not exercised in the last 30 minutes.
- Then sit in a chair comfortably upright with your arm supported on a table beside you, with both feet on the ground.
- Put the cuff on your upper arm (5cm above your elbow) resting on the table, the cuff should be roughly at the level of your heart.
- Press the on/start button on the BP monitor and take two readings at least 1 minute apart.
- Repeat this process twice during the day.
- Record only the lowest reading done that day.
- Repeat for a total of 7 days.
- If you have not discussed your results or been contacted within 2 weeks, please contact your GP surgery.